This is a great recipe to make a large batch of and eat throughout the week. I will typically prep all the ingredients on a Sunday, store them in separate containers and then assemble the bowls for a quick lunch.
Miso Tofu Bowls
Miso Marinade and sauce
- 4 tbsp white miso paste
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 4 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 4 tsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp chili paste
- 1 lb extra firm tofu
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 1/2 bunch kale, stemmed and coarsely chopped
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- 3 carrots, shredded
- 1/3 cup edamame beans
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 3 green onions, finely sliced
- 5 sheets nori (toasted seaweed)
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
Marinade and Tofu
- Preheat oven to 360°F. Cube tofu.
- Whisk all marinade ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Place tofu on oiled baking sheet and bake for about 20 minutes, turning once. Remove from oven and brush about 1/2 the marinade on the cubes. Return to oven for another 10 minutes.
- Tear nori sheets into small enough pieces to fit in a coffee grinder or similar. Grind into small flakes.
- Add sesame seeds and pulse a couple times in grinder. Store in an airtight jar.
- Cook rice. While rice is cooking use a steamer to steam kale on top of rice pot.
- Take the rest of the marinade and add about 1 tsp or so of water to create a dressing
- Assemble bowls. I use rice as the base and then add each of the ingredients to my liking. I then drizzle with the dressing and if I have it, add pickled ginger.